Monday, March 19, 2012

Earworms

My co-workers cellphone ringtone is the theme from Sandford and Son.  Every time I hear it I'm in danger of having it stuck in my head all day and all of the night, as Ray Davies might say.

My friend Sean calls a song that's stuck in your head an earworm.  Since I can't think of a better term, I'm going to stick with it. 

Every so often a song gets stuck in my head and it's obvious why.  Maybe I just heard it on the radio.  Maybe it's used in a commercial.  Maybe somebody's ringtone. 

But sometimes I have no idea why a song is rattling around my brain pan.  Like today.  Mike Posner's "Cooler Than Me" is the song.  I can't remember the last time I heard it. 







In some small ways it reminds me of a Pet Shop Boys song called "Can You Forgive Her" that came out in the early 90's.







I think that every time a song earworms me, I'll try to find it and post it along with a few notes about how it got stuck in my head and stuff. 

And to quote Mr. F. Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment