Saturday, June 30, 2012

Whew.

A few weeks ago the Boston Celtics season came to an end.  They had too many injuries to go any farther.  It kinda sucked to watch a team give everything it had and come up short just because a few guys had injuries.  But that's sports. 



Now that the season is over the big question (for me, at least) was, what will Kevin Garnett do?  He's an unrestricted free agent who has openly talked of retirement and falling just short of the NBA Finals had to leave a bad taste in his mouth.



Well, today the 6'11" hypercompetitive, trash talking instigator of a power forward gave us his answer and it is that he will play for another three years.  For the Celtics.  Be still my beating heart.  Seriously, I have been Cheshire Cat smiling since I read the news. 



Sometimes I hate how sports take up so much of my time and often crush me for days when my teams lose or suffer some setback.  But on the flipside of that, I love when they uplift me, entertain me, and give me something to cheer about.  Not everybody sees it that way, but I do. 

So welcome back KG.  Glad you never went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment