Friday, June 15, 2012

Long Time No Blog or Cleaning Out the Mental Junk Drawer part 359

It's summer and I couldn't be happier.  I've always been a summer-type person.  Screw that winter crap.  The weather in Helena is remarkably similar to the weather in Idaho Falls so I know that I will have warm days and cool nights for the next three to four months.  Me likey.



I'm a sucker for cops and robber fiction, thus John Sandford's books always find their way into my grubby little hands.  His most recent novel Buried Prey is really really good.  This is the 21st Prey novel and it is among the best.  I've read them all, some more than once, some more than that.  It's a quick but intense read that gives a glimpse into the previously unseen past of protagonist Lucas Davenport.  Good stuff.  I hope there are 21 more of these before I die.



Recently got an iPhone 4S and I love it.  I'm a convert.  Well done, Apple, you got me to eschew my usual cranky views about trendy technology and now I don't know how I would live without it.  I am fiercly trying to ignore the fact that my phone bill has more than doubled as a result of owning this awesome product, so lets move on before I remember and get all sad and stuff.



A CD that I bought a few years ago, Rogue Wave's Permalight, is pleasant, easy pop.  I don't think I've ever skipped it when it's on iTunes shuffle.  It's one of the few albums I own that I will listen to straight through and then when it's over I'll start it again. (other albums on this list include the Cure's Disintegration, Public Enemy's Fear of a Black Planet, Underworld's Dubnobasswithmyheadman, Ray LaMontagne's God Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise, and Neko Case's... well any thing by Miss Case, my lifelong unrequited crush.) But back to Rogue Wave, I'm listening to them right now and it makes me happy.  So there.



Movies I've seen lately:

the Avengers.  Awesome.  Joss Whedon pulled it off.  I had my doubts (like a fool) but this was outstanding.  Forget about it being a comic book movie, this is an excellent movie, period.



Rushmore.  For the bazillionth time.  Still love it more than most things.  This is on my Top 25 Movies of All Time list and will prob'ly never leave.



Safe.  I have always/will always dig Jason Statham.  He doesn't even make me mad that he plays the same character Every. Single. Time.  Nope, don't care.  He's fun to root for and fun to watch.  Also, Safe has one of the best final boss fights ever.  The end. 



Aaaand that's all for today kids.  I'm off to cook Paula Deen's Crockpot Mac and Cheese recipe.  Let the diabetes commence!




1 comment:

  1. Paula Deen, eh? Would that be mac and cheese made with reduced pork lard, rolled into little balls breaded in crushed coco puffs, and then deep fried in recycled oil from fryer on a Navy submarine? I do love Paula's cooking. She also has a new line of medications for you if you ever happen to, you know, eat what she cooks.

    ReplyDelete