Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Holy crap.

Yesterday was my birthday. 

When I was in my twenties and I thought I was getting old, I would always play the Cure's "Inbetween Days" the day after my birthday.  The opening line seemed symbolic to my fragile sensibilites. 


Now I listen to it out of tradition; a reminder of another year gone by.  Most years I don't feel like I've accomplished much (the curse of being a cynic) but this year I feel good.  Optimistic even.  My screenplay writing has gone a smidge slower than I thought it would but I feel that what I've written is pretty good.  That's a decent trade off if you ask me.

Holy Crap II.

The house I live in is old.  Thus it is hot in the summer and cold in the winter.  We've been in a hot stretch lately and when the heat of the day hits, it's hot in this here house.  I woke up this morning and according to my fancy phone, it was 66F outside and according to the thermostat in the kitchen, it was 80F inside the house.    Right now it's 93F outside (with a slight breeze) and 85F inside.  Some days I want to walk in front of a train because I figure that if I live the hospital will have A/C and if I die, well, it won't be any hotter in hell than it is in my room.

Holy Crap III.

If you aren't excited for this, I'm not sure we can be friends...





In the second one, the cuff straightening thing made me laugh out loud.

Okay then.  Off to sweat and kvetch about sweating and write and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment