Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cleaning Out My Mental Junk Drawer

Stuff.  In no particular order.

1. Recently finished Stephen King's Dark Tower series.  It was... good?  There were high points, low points, filler, and some genuinely awesome moments.  So why do I think about it and just, well, shrug?  I'll get back to you on this.



2. At work we recently nicknamed a recurring customer "the Facemelter".  This pleases me.



3. As of Thursday night, I no longer work at Hastings.  I have been working two jobs for the better part of six years and it is time to move on.  I bid you adieu, mediocre employee discount, stupid workplace politics, stupid teenage co-workers, and smelly stupid customers.



4. Just finished Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning.  For you adults, this is a video game.  Pretty good, too.  Perhaps this will merit its own blog someday.



5. Am organizing a monthly potluck.  Doing a test run on a shepard's pie today.  If it's good, I'll post the recipe like any self respecting empty nesting housewife would.



6. Stumbled upon a CD (yes, an actual bit of physical media) that I hadn't heard in, like, forever. Danielle Dax's Blast the Human Flower.  Still pretty good.  Dated, of course, as pretty much all things from the Eighties are, but good.


7. The winter here in Helena has been mild.  I still hate it.  I am working on a plan to become a Sunbird.  Or Snowbird, depending on which region you're from.  I just want to be cozy warm all the time.  Is that so wrong?



8. Graphic novel Infinite Kung Fu is awesome. 


For now, that's all I've got.  Happy weekend everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment