Saturday, August 9, 2014

"Welcome to the layer cake, son."

Before I watched Layer Cake, I did not know who Matthew Vaughn was.  Nor did I know who Daniel Craig was.  I surely know now.



Vaughn has gone on to bigger and better director-y things such as the underrated Stardust, Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class and the upcoming Kingsman: The Secret Service.

Daniel Craig has since been in many a small film, but also he has had his testicles tortured as 007, James Bond.

But Layer Cake is what I want to babble about today.  It is intricate, economical, and clever.  It is smart, ambitious, and elegant.  To call it a crime film does it a disservice.   To call it one of my favorite films would be much more correct.  Go watch it.  Now.


Also, do not be surprised when Albus Dumbledeux says the F-word.


No comments:

Post a Comment