Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ugh, my brain...

I'm not the world's stupidest man, nor am I a Hawking-like genius, but I get by.

Some days I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, how old my brother is, or the name of that guy in that movie, you know, that guy...

But some days I am gifted with a wondrous flashback to something long forgotten, something that makes me quite happy.  Something like this...


Here's the deal.  I'm driving home from work and all I'm thinking about is getting out of my crap work clothes and into my pajamas and getting some food into my gullet, when I realize that I'm humming something that I recognize, but can't think of the artist or title, but I've got the words and then it all came flooding back into my old, decaying brain...

Seriously, I cannot tell you how excited I am to have this song back into my life.  About the video, the thing I remembered were, the Devil lady, the asymmetrical heart on the drums, his sideburns (I wanted them so bad back then, but I didn't have the facial hair to do it) and the biker dude faux-choking him.  The things I did not remember were the seemingly genuine happiness he and the old lady share, the weird instrumental break with the drum-noodling, and that in 1991 he and I dressed quite a bit alike aside from his up-around-his-sternum pants.

Anyway, I will leave you now, because I have gotten into my pajamas but I have not eaten yet, and I am hungry.  Strange that I felt completely compelled to write this first...

Adios, muchachos.

1 comment:

  1. Are you saying there's something wrong with up-around-the-sternum pants? If so, I may have an explanation for why my students chuckle every morning when I walk into class. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete